Lucas X. Dillon
Lucas X. Dillon has practiced in the criminal and family courts of Michigan at the state and federal levels since 2012. He is a cum laude graduate of the Thomas M. Cooley Law School and he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a minor in Criminal Justice from Defiance College.
Since 2013, Attorney Dillon has been named named Charlotte’s Favorite Attorney by the Lansing State Journal. He has been named by the National Trial Lawyers® as a Top 40 under 40 in the area of criminal defense. Recently, Lucas was named to SuperLawyers.com® Rising Star List, which less than 2% of attorneys are awarded. In 2016, Lucas was appointed by a panel of judges and lawyers to serve as a federal defender for the Western District of Michigan.
Mr. Dillon’s practice specifically deals with criminal trial practice. As a defense attorney, Lucas has won not guilty verdicts in many jury trials. Some of his cases have included:
- Not guilty of Retail Fraud in the 2nd Degree with the jury returning a verdict in one day
- Mistrial in a Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 1st-degree trial that helped the defendant avoid a mandatory sentence of 25 years and led to the prosecution offering a plea deal to a greatly reduced charge
- Not guilty of Aggravated Assault on the grounds of self-defense in a father vs. son fist fight that led to injuries to the accuser’s face
- Not guilty of Domestic Assault for a husband hitting a door that his wife was standing behind
- Not guilty of Assault for a son who was accused of striking his mother with an ice scraper
Specializing in violent crime, drug cases as well as criminal sexual conduct, Lucas’ counsel has secured dismissals in state and federal courts throughout Michigan.
As a high-profile defense attorney, Lucas understands all aspects of criminal defense and prosecution.
“I’ve consistently and deliberately surrounded myself with professionals, and I can appreciate the real-world implications of a criminal conviction. That’s why I take great care to ensure that the client goes unaffected by the charge, once I become involved.”
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Driver’s License Restoration
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- All Driving Offenses
- Sex, Drug & Violent Misdemeanors and Felonies
- Missouri Military Academy
- Defiance College (2004-2008)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School (2009-2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Ingham, Clinton and Eaton County Bars
- State of Michigan Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers® as a Top 40 under 40 (2017, 2018)
- SuperLawyers.com ® Rising Star (2018)
- Michigan Top Lawyers ® (2018)
- Charlotte’s Favorite Attorney, Lansing State Journal ® (2013-Present)